It is February 2021. I am doing well with my music. I released my debut single, Serenade, back in the summer - and I have a new single, Takeoff, currently under production. I have been in contact with a local music school, Bel Canto Strings Academy, and the director wants to submit a performance video of Serenade for an arts show on a local TV channel. She also wants to play my string quartet, Bliss, with her students. I sent her the sheet music and they started rehearsal last month.

I always loved classical music. It was all I would listen to in high school, and I was the only one in my family who did. In 2007, when I was 20, I started composing for the very first time and discovered my raw talent. I grew more passionate than ever before. I envisioned myself as a classical artist. I wanted to release singles and albums just like any other music artist. I wanted to hear my music played on Classical 96.3 FM. I wanted to tour the world with a personal orchestra and conduct my music. I wanted to put on spectacular concerts. I wanted to make classical popular again.

I moved to Hamilton in October 2009 and my plan was to continue working towards my career goal - but I got distracted with a business idea and thought I could do both. I gradually grew to see myself as an entrepreneur over the next couple of years, but I could not escape my artistic nature. I had a breakthrough in the spring of 2012 when I conceived a novel series titled Devil Hunter (which I identify as my "magnum opus" and intend to finish in the near future). I once again saw myself as an artist, a professional who creates specialized works of information, which elevate and enrich the mind - food for the soul. I resumed working on my music and finished the draft for Serenade in July 2012. I also went on stage for the very first time to perform standup comedy, and became active in the scene by the spring of 2014. I felt like I did well, but my true passion was for music. I wrote a song, Gotta Have You, in the spring of 2015 - but I struggled with the singing. I wrote another song, Just a Song, in the fall of 2017 - just before deciding to commit to comedy. I produced a comedy special for my 31st birthday and another one for my 32nd birthday - but my true passion was still for music. I resumed working on classical music in October 2019, exactly ten years after I moved to Hamilton.

So the way I see it, I had a "10-year delay" where I crosstrained by immersing myself in entrepreneurship, fiction, songwriting, and comedy. I know I gained some important skills and experience. For example, I learned how to work with producers and put on shows. I believe I now have what it takes to do everything I always wanted and make history. I have been chronicling my progress in a forum thread I started in October 2019.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog